|Business Area||Real Estate|
Background on InfraRed
InfraRed is a leading global investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate investments with over 160 professionals operating in London, Hong Kong, New York, Sydney, Seoul and Mexico City. We manage more than US$12 bn of equity capital in both private and listed funds on behalf of institutional investors across the globe.
Since its inception over 25 years ago, InfraRed has launched 19 funds, including two companies listed on the London Stock Exchange: HICL Infrastructure PLC (“HICL”) and The Renewables Infrastructure Group.
At InfraRed, we implement best-in-class practices to underpin asset management and investment decisions, promote ethical behaviour and have established community engagement initiatives to support good causes in the wider communities in which we invest. We are signatory of a Principle of Responsible Investment (PRI), a voluntary framework for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice, and consistently achieve excellent ratings.
We are proud to be a global and inclusive organisation with a welcoming and respectful culture. We recognise talent and actively support personal and professional development of our employees to the best of their abilities. We are focused not only on the outcomes but on how we get there. By taking an active approach to investing and asset management we maximise the potential of our projects and our people. We always seek new talent to complement our growing network of professionals, specialising in various disciplines; from capital raising and business origination to asset and portfolio management, and within our central business functions.
The role is to support the Financial Controller the European Real Estate Business so that the business is provided with relevant, accurate and timely financial information for real estate projects and real estate funds. The position works directly with Third Party Administrators (TPA’s) who provide Fund accounting and administration services for the business.
The main responsibilities for the position include:
- Provide support for delivery of draft figures to agreed timetables for insertion into quarterly property reports, quarterly fund management reports and quarterly investor reports
- Provide support to the Fund Operating Officer in drafting quarterly property reports, quarterly fund management reports and quarterly investor reports to agreed timetables
- Assisting the Fund Operating Officers with investment valuation, maintenance of track record and KPIs
- Providing support to ensure finance processes and procedures, as updated from time to time, are appropriate and adhered to. This includes but is not limited to:
- The accounts payable process
- Treasury processes including monitoring of key dates on hedging contracts and the bridging loans (ie rollover dates)
- Quarterly reporting processes, including preparing a detailed timetable and driving those contributing to the timetable to deliver on time
- Meeting with external accountants on a quarterly basis and challenging them on their processes and controls, including the bank reconciliation processes
- Monthly liaison with central credit control to identify and appropriately provide for bad and doubtful debts
- Supporting in the maintenance of the relationship with external accountants to deliver high quality reporting to timetable
- Providing support in the quarterly monitoring of service charge accounts to ensure they are being maintained by property managers in a structured and organised manner, including updates on funding levels
- Escalation of key issues at an early stage to ensure proactive resolution
- Regularly reviewing and challenging existing processes to identify efficiencies and mitigate risks
- Coordination of the statutory accounts preparation process
- Coordination of the external audit process and liaising with external auditors, responding to queries raised
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the financial controller and from other individuals across the business
- Organised and proactive; follows up outstanding objectives and actions
- High attention to detail
- Good communicator; good at distilling and communicating complex matters both within the team and to those not familiar with accounting convention
- Strong project and relationship management skills and experience managing a third party relationship with ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Ensuring priorities are in line with those of the team and the business
- Meets deadlines both internal and external
- Commercially aware / professional
- Proactive identification of areas which require change to improve quality and efficiency in the finance function and the wider business
We expect the ideal candidate to have the following attributes:
- Knowledge and experience of accounting standards, particularly International Financial Reporting Standards
- Ability to navigate and effectively utilize technology and systems
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferable) with either industry or practice background