Accounts Payable Coordinator (Accounts Assistant)
|Business Area||Real Estate|
Background on InfraRed
InfraRed is a leading global investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate investments with over 160 professionals operating in London, Hong Kong, New York, Sydney, Seoul and Mexico City. We manage more than US$12 bn of equity capital in both private and listed funds on behalf of institutional investors across the globe.
Since its inception over 25 years ago, InfraRed has launched 19 funds, including two companies listed on the London Stock Exchange: HICL Infrastructure PLC (“HICL”) and The Renewables Infrastructure Group.
At InfraRed, we implement best-in-class practices to underpin asset management and investment decisions, promote ethical behaviour and have established community engagement initiatives to support good causes in the wider communities in which we invest. We are signatory of a Principle of Responsible Investment (PRI), a voluntary framework for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice, and consistently achieve excellent ratings.
We are proud to be a global and inclusive organisation with a welcoming and respectful culture. We recognise talent and actively support personal and professional development of our employees to the best of their abilities. We are focused not only on the outcomes but on how we get there. By taking an active approach to investing and asset management we maximise the potential of our projects and our people. We always seek new talent to complement our growing network of professionals, specialising in various disciplines; from capital raising and business origination to asset and portfolio management, and within our central business functions.
The main responsibilities for the position include:
- Work with the digital transformation team on process improvements
- Ensure all budgets are included within Horizon and that they are linked to potential authorisation, with support from the digital transformation team
- Monitor payments sent for authorisation on a daily basis within Horizon (for non-overseas authorisers) and Flow (for overseas authorisers) and ensure they are being authorised in a timely manner
- Maintain relationships with authorisers and stakeholders to facilitate communication and influencing to drive efficiency in the payment process
- Maintain the list of designated authorisers within Flow for overseas directors, ensuring acquisitions and disposals are reflected in a timely manner
- Ensure all payments are being made prior to due date
- Ensure regular review for potential payment discounts on early payment and ensure these are being achieved
- Provide management of the business with ad-hoc support in relation to the payment processes
- Where requested, complete supplier statement reconciliations
- Assist with Horizon training
- Field calls from suppliers and resolve queries in a timely manner
- Continuously review the process for potential efficiency gains and propose changes
- Escalate issues to management in a timely manner and ensure regular communication of challenges faced
- Contribute to finance team meetings, updating the team on challenges in the payments process
- Execute movement of cash in accordance with lending arrangements where applicable
- Monitor funding requests on accounts that are short on money and suggest solutions
- Monitor outstanding/old payments that have not been authorised/processed.
- Chase internal approvals for Asset managers/internal directors where appropriate.
- Assist with new bank account set up/banking access
- Assist with administration of the HSBC online banking platform
- Input of all new budgets and projects onto Horizon
- Internal and External training to new PM’s/Accountants on Horizon
- Organised and proactive; follows up outstanding objectives and actions
- High attention to detail
- Good communicator; good at distilling and communicating complex matters both within the team and to those not familiar with accounting convention
- Strong project and relationship management skills and experience managing a third party relationship with ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Ensuring priorities are in line with those of the team and the business
- Meets deadlines both internal and external
- Commercially aware / professional
- Proactive identification of areas which require change to improve quality and efficiency in the finance function and the wider business
We expect the ideal candidate to have the following attributes:
- Accounts payable experience in a fast paced/dynamic corporate environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a willingness to challenge existing processes
- Confident and a good communicator