Analyst, Infrastructure - Mexico
Background on InfraRed
InfraRed is a leading global investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate investments with over 160 professionals operating in London, Hong Kong, New York, Sydney, Seoul and Mexico City. We manage more than US$12 bn of equity capital in both private and listed funds on behalf of institutional investors across the globe.
Since its inception over 25 years ago, InfraRed has launched 18 funds, including two companies listed on the London Stock Exchange: HICL Infrastructure PLC (“HICL”) and The Renewables Infrastructure Group.
At InfraRed, we implement best-in-class practices to underpin asset management and investment decisions, promote ethical behaviour and have established community engagement initiatives to support good causes in the wider communities in which we invest. We are signatory of a Principle of Responsible Investment (PRI), a voluntary framework for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice, and consistently achieve excellent ratings.
We are proud to be a global and inclusive organisation with a welcoming and respectful culture. We recognise talent and actively support personal and professional development of our employees to the best of their abilities. We are focused not only on the outcomes but on how we get there. By taking an active approach to investing and asset management we maximise the potential of our projects and our people. We always seek new talent to complement our growing network of professionals, specialising in various disciplines; from capital raising and business origination to asset and portfolio management, and within our central business functions.
An opportunity has arisen for an investment analyst within the Infrastructure team.
InfraRed is one of the longest-standing investors in the infrastructure sector and has been investing in social infrastructure since the mid 1990’s and renewables since 2006.
We focus on developed economies with robust and enforceable legal frameworks, primarily in Europe, North America, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and other OECD countries, including certain countries in Latin America.
The candidate will be based in Mexico City and may be required to travel to other offices to assist in supporting transactions across the Americas.
The candidate will work across the various infrastructure funds currently managed by InfraRed targeting both greenfield and brownfield investment opportunities, but with a primary focus on greenfield projects located in Mexico. This person will be responsible for supporting the origination, analysis, structuring, documentation, asset management, execution and disposal of infrastructure investment opportunities across the energy, social infrastructure and transportation sectors.
“Greenfield infrastructure”, involves the sourcing and execution of new-build projects through their development, design, construction and management of those projects during their early operating phases. The focus is on concessions with public-sector counterparties as well as transportation and energy related infrastructure including renewable energy.
“Brownfield infrastructure”, involves the sourcing, execution and management of operational infrastructure projects whether it is in the social infrastructure, transportation sector or renewable energy space.
The main responsibilities for the position include:
- Support the origination, analysis, structuring, documentation and execution of infrastructure investment opportunities with a primary focus on Mexico and the Americas, with flexibility to work across other target regions
- Create, audit and/or update financial models to look at future projections for investment appraisals, business planning, modelling of equity returns and key commercial and financial inputs
- Assist in managing and reviewing all due diligence and structuring work-streams including the management of financial, legal and technical advisers
- Other analytical, research and modelling support for the team including competitor analysis and market reviews
- Semi-annual valuations of the portfolios, together with review of financial model updates from project companies
- In depth examination of the investment portfolio to identify savings and other value enhancements such as refinancing;
- Attend meetings with business partners, including advisors, lenders, competitors and project developers
- Assist in preparation of presentations of investment opportunities to the investment committee
- Participate as required in reporting processes.
We expect the successful candidate to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent financial modelling skills, with an eye for accuracy
- Numerical proficiency
- Analytically rigorous and detail oriented particularly with regards to numerical analysis, legal documentation and written reports
- Able to grasp the key commercial drivers in relation to existing assets and new transactions, including what the key drivers are for value enhancement
- Able to synthesize complex matters effectively and concisely
- Have an enthusiastic and tenacious approach with a strong commitment to learning
- Manage involvement in a number of simultaneous initiatives, deliver work to agreed deadlines, and work well with a variety of individuals across a complex and evolving business
- Relevant infrastructure knowledge – developer, advisor, industrial sponsor, infrastructure fund, project finance advisory and/or lending institution
- Problem solving oriented and keen to use personal initiative
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel (proficiency in VBA macros is desirable), PowerPoint and other financial data terminals
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Mexican national or eligible for working visa for Mexico
- Fluent in English and Spanish to be able to transact across the Americas as required