An opportunity has arisen for an investment analyst within the Infrastructure team.
InfraRed is one of the longest-standing investors in the infrastructure sector and has been investing in social infrastructure since the mid 1990’s and renewables since 2006. We are a truly global and diversity focussed organisation which takes a hands-on approach to investing and managing its assets. As such the candidate can expect to work across InfraRed’s various funds and disciplines such as asset, fund and portfolio management, origination as well as capital raising. As a people focussed organisation we are committed to and believe in developing our talent to the best of their abilities.
We focus on developed economies with robust and enforceable legal frameworks, primarily in Europe, North America, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and other OECD countries with some limited scope to invest in emerging markets, including certain countries in Latin America.
The candidate will be based in London and may be required to travel to other offices to assist in supporting transactions.
The candidate will work across the various infrastructure funds currently managed by InfraRed, which include:
- InfraRed Infrastructure Fund III, a private greenfield infrastructure fund raised in 2011;
- HICL, a £2.5bn listed brownfield social infrastructure fund;
- TRIG, a £900m listed brownfield renewable energy infrastructure fund;
- InfraRed Environmental Infrastructure Fund, a private greenfield environmental infrastructure fund raised in 2009;
- InfraRed Infrastructure Yield Fund, private brownfield infrastructure fund raised in 2012
“Greenfield infrastructure”, involves the sourcing and execution of new-build projects through their development, design, construction and management of those projects during their early operating phases. The focus is on Public Private Partnerships (“PPPs”), which are usually based around long-term concessions with public-sector counterparties as well as transportation and energy related infrastructure including renewable energy.
“Brownfield infrastructure”, involves the sourcing, execution and management of operational infrastructure projects whether it is in the social infrastructure, transportation sector or renewable energy space.
The main responsibilities for the position include:
- Semi-annual valuations of the portfolios, together with review of financial model updates from project companies
- In depth examination of the investment portfolio to identify savings and other value enhancements such as refinancing
- Updating fund forecast models to look at future projections for business planning, modelling of equity returns and key commercial and financial inputs (including debt facilities and further equity capital raisings)
- Support the origination, analysis, structuring, documentation and execution of infrastructure investment opportunities with a primary focus on Europe, with flexibility to work across other target regions
- Other analytical, research and modelling support for the team including competitor analysis and market reviews
- Assist in managing and reviewing all due diligence and structuring work-streams including the management of financial, legal and technical advisers
- Assist in preparation of presentations of investment opportunities to the investment committee
- Participate as required in reporting processes.
We expect the successful candidate to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent financial modelling skills, with an eye for accuracy
- Numerical proficiency
- Analytically rigorous and detail oriented particularly with regards to numerical analysis, legal documentation and written reports
- Able to grasp the key commercial drivers in relation to existing assets and new transactions, including what the key drivers are for value enhancement
- Able to synthesize complex matters effectively and concisely
- Have an enthusiastic and tenacious approach with a strong commitment to learning
- Manage involvement in a number of simultaneous initiatives, deliver work to agreed deadlines, and work well with a variety of individuals across a complex and evolving business
- Relevant infrastructure knowledge – developer, advisor, industrial sponsor, infrastructure fund, project finance advisory and/or lending institution
- Fluent in English and a Western European language
- Problem solving oriented and keen to use personal initiative
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel (proficiency in VBA macros is desirable), PowerPoint and other financial data terminals
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team