Associate, Asset Manager Real Estate
|Business Area||Real Estate|
Background on InfraRed
InfraRed is a leading global investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate investments with over 160 professionals operating in London, Hong Kong, New York, Sydney, Seoul and Mexico City. We manage more than US$12 bn of equity capital in both private and listed funds on behalf of institutional investors across the globe.
Since its inception over 25 years ago, InfraRed has launched 19 funds, including two companies listed on the London Stock Exchange: HICL Infrastructure PLC (“HICL”) and The Renewables Infrastructure Group.
At InfraRed, we implement best-in-class practices to underpin asset management and investment decisions, promote ethical behaviour and have established community engagement initiatives to support good causes in the wider communities in which we invest. We are signatory of a Principle of Responsible Investment (PRI), a voluntary framework for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice, and consistently achieve excellent ratings.
We are proud to be a global and inclusive organisation with a welcoming and respectful culture. We recognise talent and actively support personal and professional development of our employees to the best of their abilities. We are focused not only on the outcomes but on how we get there. By taking an active approach to investing and asset management we maximise the potential of our projects and our people. We always seek new talent to complement our growing network of professionals, specialising in various disciplines; from capital raising and business origination to asset and portfolio management, and within our central business functions.
InfraRed has been an active real estate investor and manager for 25 years and focuses on assets which suit its value-add management style, targeting well-located, multi-let properties in the shopping centre, industrial and office sectors across Europe. To date InfraRed’s real estate business has successfully completed over USD 8bn transactions.
An Investment associate is sought to complement the current Real Estate Asset Management team.
The candidates will be involved in all parts of a project’s life cycle; from forming a key member of deal teams at acquisition, undertaking due diligence and business plan formation, having responsibility for delivering business plan and successful exits, in respect of a portfolio of German and French based projects.
The successful candidate will be able to combine both commercial acumen with numeracy and communicate the interaction of both to high standard. Given the value-add nature of investment, some construction or refurbishment experience is desirable.
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Undertake the implementation, monitoring and delivery of added-value project business plans regarding leasing and capital expenditure programmes either directly or through the oversight, management and monitoring of external partners / asset managers
- Assist with the delivery and the formation of business plans of complex refurbishments and ground up development across UK or Europe
- Regularly review and re-forecast project business plans in line with internal processes and timescales; prepare formal recommendations to obtain reforecast, or new business plan, or sales approval
- Play an important role as part of the Deal Team in taking acquisitions to a successful completion and lead, or assist with, sales working with internal and external resources as required. In conjunction with the Deal Team Head and/or senior Asset Management resource, undertake and/or review due diligence matters and execution of the exchange and completion processes
- Development, co-authorship and verification of project business plans and KPIs as part of the acquisition Deal Team and the forecasting and co-authorship associated with disposal recommendations
- Oversight of Property management matters (or ensuring external asset managers are complying with their property manager oversight responsibilities), including statutory and health & safety compliance, service charge budgeting / reconciliation, arrears / collection rates and regular / ad-hoc management reporting
- Undertake quarterly reporting in respect of project portfolio, in line with internal processes and timescales, including presenting project progress to senior members of the real estate team, investment committee members.
- Working with the Finance Team monitor and report on banking facility compliance, investor reporting, management accounting and audit matters
- Develop and establish market contacts within the property market
- Coordinate the provision of information to IRCP’s insurance broker to ensure assets remain insured in line with internal compliance and insurance policy requirements
- Continually re-assess the operational risk inherent in the business, being aware of the operational risks associated with your role and acting in a manner that takes account of risk considerations
- Represent IRCP and promote IRCP’s standing in the investment community in line with its values, ensuring that IRCP’s best interests and reputation are always protected
- Act responsibly, with a value-oriented mind-set, in respect of business costs and expenses
- Ensure that measures identified in any audits are implemented in a timely fashion
We expect the successful candidate to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Solid analytical skills and good financial modelling knowledge
- Commercial real estate experience
- A high level of commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written in English; fluency in another European language is desirable (preferably German)
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
- Track record of delivery of refurbishments / developments
- Comfortable working directly or through operating partners
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A strong grasp of the drivers of property returns